Welcome to WildArk’s ‘1000Words’, in which our favourite wildlife photographers answer questions about themselves with their images. Wildlife photographers spend hours, months and even years in pursuit of the perfect shot. The unpredictability of nature means they must master the art of patience and, with so many hours behind the lens, we figure we’d let their photos do the talking. Study each image carefully to understand the passion and the drive behind each one of these incredible photographers.
Shannon Wild is an Aussie cinematographer and photographer based in South Africa but with a job that takes her to the world’s wildest places. After 13 years of photographing wildlife, she is still as excited as the day she started and says she still ‘absolutely loves every minute.’ Animals are her passion and, her number one goal is to translate that into her footage and images in the hope that others will become passionate about them too.
1. Describe yourself.
2. Where are you from?
3. What got you into photography?
4. If you could be anywhere, where would you be?
5. What inspires you?
6. What is your favourite animal to photograph?
7. What makes the best photograph?
8. What’s your favourite weapon?
9. Describe your mood right now?
10. What moment has had the biggest impact on you as a wildlife photographer?